October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and HRCT supports breast cancer research, education and awareness. This is important to HRCT because we have family and friends that are survivors and those who have lost their battle to breast cancer.
How your company can help support Breast Cancer Research and Education
During the month of October 2017, HRCT will donate 5% of our proceeds for qualifying new sales to Breast Cancer research and education. *
Our own Victoria Arth will be participating in the ACS Making Strides walk. She is our Office Manager, daughter of our President Doug Gray and granddaughter of our founder. We will be cheering her on during the walk at Mt. Trashmore in Virginia Beach, Virginia on Saturday, October 21, 2017. We invite you to come out and support her efforts.
Call (757) 399-3350 or
if you would like more information about our Breast Cancer efforts and how HRCT can help your business.
2017 Breast Cancer Statistics
– Estimated cases of diagnosed new breast cancer 252,710 in females and 2470 in men.
– Estimated deaths from breast cancer 40,610 and 460 men.
– About 1 in 8 U.S. women, equaling about 12%, will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
– For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer except lung cancer.
– Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women in the United States.
– It is estimated that about 30% of newly diagnosed cancers in women will be breast cancers in 2017.
Learn the signs and symptoms and know your risk factors.
– The American Cancer Society: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer.html
– BreastCancer.org: http://www.breastcancer.org/
– Susan G. Komen®: https://ww5.komen.org/
– National Breast Cancer Foundation: http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org
– Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/breast/
– National Institute of Health: https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast
Call (757) 399-3350 or click here to email us
for more information about our Breast Cancer efforts and how HRCT can help your business.
*Ask your HRCT team member what qualifies as new sales.
Sources: ACS Cancer Facts & Figures 2017 and BreastCancer.org