Call Now for Information about Virtualization (757) 399-3350
Virtualization helps consolidate your resources, increase efficiency and helps you save money. HRCT can improve your operations with Virtualization.
- Virtualization Solutions for Computers, IT and Telephone
- 24/7 Network IT Support
- Free Consultations
- Customized Network Service and Repair
- Managed Services
In computing and Information Technology (IT), Virtualization is the method of exchanging an actual network, server, data storage and/or operating system for a virtual one. Virtualization is the process of converting servers or workstations running on their own dedicated hardware into virtual machines that can better utilize a server’s hardware resources. Normally applications require that you run them on a dedicated server, but this can quickly become costly in both hardware acquisitions and utility bills.
This is not just for large businesses. There are applications for small and mid-size companies too. HRCT can convert your many physical servers into virtual machines to reduce your server room footprint. HRCT can also ensure if one server fails that another server is available to run in its stead.
Call HRCT today to learn how virtualization can help your business at 757-399-3350.
The word Virtualization is linked with:
- Storage Virtualization: Taking the multiple physical storages and virtually creating a single storage device managed from a central monitor.
- Server Virtualization: Consolidating several physical servers to run in virtual machines to optimize the use of hardware.
- Desktop Virtualization: Providing virtual desktop computers for users to log into and run applications from anywhere from any device.
- Network Virtualization: When multiple virtual machines need to be connected and secured there becomes a need for a virtualized network to keep it all segmented and secure.
- Application Virtualization: The process of streaming an application rather than installing it locally which makes for a secure environment because the application runs in a “sandbox”
Server virtualization has many benefits and while it can cost more upfront, overtime your business will spend less money.
Benefits of Server Virtualization
- Server virtualization can help your business save space by consolidating several machines to one server.
- It can help your business spend less on hardware and electricity since it better uses a machine’s capacity and does not require as many machines.
- Server virtualization improves uptime and data recovery time.
- It improves disaster recovery since redundancy, or duplication of servers is necessary.
- The ability to move one virtual server to a different physical server offers flexibility and is a great benefit to your business if you move or add locations.
Call HRCT to learn how server virtualization can help your business at 757-399-3350.
Virtual Server Security
HRCT adapts existing security procedures to work in a virtualized environment. Security issues with virtualization have less to do with the fact that it is a virtual server versus a physical server, and more to do with the operating system (OS). An advantage of a virtual server breach versus a physical server breach is that it is easier and faster to patch or restore a virtual server than a physical server.
HRCT provides advanced security protection for your networks and operating systems to keep your data and systems safe.
Virtualization and Data Storage
Storage virtualization includes backing up, archiving, and the recovery of data in a virtual storage system. Storage virtualization makes it appear that the content of multiple storage units all goes into a single storage unit, but in actuality is going into a storage area network (SAN). Storage virtualization makes data recovery time quicker, improves functionality and gives the ability of more advanced features. Call HRCT to learn more about storage virtualization today 757-399-3350.
Software virtualization is creating a virtual layer of software that is generally stored on virtual machines. With software virtualization the software does not have to be compatible with the current operating system (OS), multiple versions of the software can be run at one time, and it creates faster application deployment and better security for applications. To learn more about software virtualization call HRCT at 757-399-3350.
Virtualization has many components and you are bound to have questions. Call HRCT today to learn how virtualization can help your business at 757-399-3350.
HRCT offers IT services, including cloud computing, managed services, virtualization, data backup, virus protection and more!
Hampton Roads Communication Technologies (HRCT) provides quality business telecommunications solutions, like computer and IT support and managed service agreements to companies and organizations throughout the United States, Mid-Atlantic and the Hampton Roads Virginia cities of Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Newport News and Hampton, north into Williamsburg and south into the Outer Banks of North Carolina. HRCT keeps your company connected with 24/7 emergency service.
Call today (757) 399-3350
Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net Stuart Miles (Computers linked), sscreations (Green Computers linked), Anusom Pnacholl (lock) and Renjith Krishman (files)