In order to keep up with the fast pace set in the business world, it is important that your company remains up to date with innovations in connectivity and communication. When you miss a phone call, or discover an e-mail has been filtered to your junk folder, you risk losing the money that potential business could have brought to you. If your current office phone system isn’t up to the task of keeping you connected with present and future clients, it’s time to make the investment and upgrade your equipment and the service you use. Choosing the right system can make the difference between struggling to make ends meet or enjoying a successful year.
Components of a Quality Business Telephone System
Depending on the size and scope of your business, you may have an idea of what you need in terms of telecommunications equipment. Owners and managers of smaller companies may feel that all one needs is a phone system with several lines and a voice mail system, but you will find a quality system can offer you so much more than the ability to put one party on hold while you talk to somebody else. Some components that may interest you include:
- LCD Displays for Caller Identification. Knowing who is on the other end of the line before you pick up can help prepare you for an important client call. Caller ID in business is also helpful in discouraging unwanted solicitation.
- Handsfree Functionality. For employees who multi-task, you want a phone system that allows people to wear comfortable headsets while continuing to work.
- Call Forwarding. Employees who work remotely should make use of a phone system that allows calls to forward to a mobile number when necessary.
- Clear Conferencing. You should be able to hear every voice over the line crystal clear when you have your phones in conference mode.
- Digital Keysets. Digital keysets make phone management simpler for the user. These shortcuts allow callers to be transferred to other stations or voice mail with ease.
Once you have decided it’s time to upgrade your telecommunications system, you will want to consult with a local communications company that specializes in installing phone systems for businesses. Look for a company that offers not only an affiliation with a trusted brand in connectivity, but is available to you 24/7 in the event of emergencies and for employee training. The sooner you are wired to a new system, the sooner you can grow your own business through professional communication.